Knowledgeable: Over 3 years of experience in the field of molecular biology.
Diligent: Observed and analyzed cell changes with 99% accuracy.
Innovative: Developed a research proposal to measure mutagenic effects of toxicants, securing $30,000 in grant funding.
DNA + RNA Analysis, Data Entry, Lab Maintenance Procedure, Critical Thinking, SAS Testing, Regulatory Compliance, Microsoft Excel, Quality Assurance, Problem Solving
Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics Research, Stanford, CA
Laboratory Research Assistant, July 2019 – Present
- Prepare genomic samples from DNA for sequencing
- Monitor cells in tissue cultures for changes, have a track record of 99% accuracy when analyzing results
- Pitched a proposal to measure and analyze mutagenic effects of toxicants on cells, securing $30,000 in grant funding
- Ensure that all research complies with appropriate SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines
- Manage travel and expense reports for department team members
UCLA Center for Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, Los Angeles, CA
Graduate Research Assistant, May 2017 – June 2019
- Completed masters research on mutagenic qualities of plant-based alkaloids
- Regularly analyzed genomic samples and took extensive notes on any changes in DNA/RNA structure
- Supervised 5 lab workers and trained them to adhere to proper lab maintenance procedure
- Set up and maintained laboratory equipment
M.S. in Molecular Biology
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 2017 – 2019
B.S. in Molecular Biology
University of California, Berkeley, 2013 – 2017