Lead Bartender with 4+ years of experience in cocktail preparation and creation, and a bartending license certified by the District of Columbia. Possess a deep knowledge of local craft beers, wine, spirits, and cocktails, as well as their optimal food pairings. Seeking to leverage my bartending skills to fulfil the Head Bartender position at your restaurant.
GILLY’S SPORTS BAR, Washington, D.C.
August 2018–August 2021
- Introduced a “Cocktail of the Month” promotion to our menu that was well received by customers and increased monthly sales by 3%
- Trained 3 brand new bartenders on all aspects of the job from drink preparation and knowledge to building valuable customer relationships and upselling techniques
- Reduced inventory losses by 10% by managing our beverage inventory with innovative beverage management software
- Enforced health and safety measures outlined by the CDC to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the protection of customers and staff
CAPITAL BAR & GRILL, Washington, D.C.
July 2017–August 2018
- Increased number of regular customers by building rapport with new customers and providing the highest quality of service
- Took food orders from guests at the bar and recommended beverage pairings to accompany their dishes, boosting spending by an average of $10 per ticket
- Memorized over 100 cocktail recipes and drink variations, with demonstrated mastery of each
THE DUBLINER RESTAURANT, Washington, D.C.
July 2014–August 2017
- Achieved an average sales increase on guest checks by 8% through consistent upselling
- Supported the team by picking up extra shifts and remaining flexible in scheduling
UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality & Tourism Management, Graduated May 2015
Honors: cum laude (GPA: 3.7/4.0)
- Bartender License, TIPS certification, mixology, POS systems
- Organized team player with exceptional people skills and attention to detail